When you work with a marketing agency they often need access to your Mailchimp account to complete integration with your website or to offer support. To make this process massively simpler and more secure, it’s possible to give access to your Mailchimp account without sharing login information. This also avoids having to share a 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) code when your agency needs to login.
Things to Note
- Your agency needs to send a connection request before you can grant them access to your Mailchimp account.
- Granting an agency access will not count as a separate user or seat against your Marketing plan.
- When you grant agency access to your Mailchimp account, the agency can grant access to other agency users at the same or lower user level.
- You can revoke this access at anytime.
How to Accept an Agency Access Request
When an agency requires access to your Mailchimp account they will submit a request from their own Mailchimp account. This request will send an email to the address associated with the owner of your Mailchimp account. It is not possible to grant access without the agency sending a request first.
To view and accept an agency access request, follow these steps:
- You will receive an email at the address associated with your Mailchimp account. Open the agency access request email and click View This Request button. Clicking this link will take you to the Mailchimp website.
- Log in to your Mailchimp account. If you have multiple Mailchimp accounts, ensure you’re logging into the correct one.
- Choose a maximum level of user access for the agency. For most tasks an agency will only need Manager level access – this will allow them to complete integration with your website, design and send emails, and edit subscriber lists. They will not be able to access billing information.
- Click the Grant Access button.
That’s it! Your agency will receive an email notifying them that you have granted access to their account.