Email Service Setup Form
Getting setup with your new email service requires a little information before we can get started. Below each section of the Email Service Setup Form is explained in detail.
Existing Email Addresses:
Please list every email address that is currently in use and that you want to transfer to your new email service. We require a password for each email account because we will migrate all messages in your existing mailbox to your new mailbox.
New Email Addresses:
Please list any new email addresses that you would like setup as well as the preferred password for each account. We will do our best to accommodate password requests but if a password does not meet the minimum guidelines* we will be forced to revise it accordingly.
An email alias is a shortcut to a different email address and can be added at no extra charge. There are many reasons to use an email alias instead of setting up a dedicated email address:
- Multiple spellings of your name – email@example.com can be set as an alias for firstname.lastname@example.org, so if someone spells your name wrong you will still receive the message.
- Marriage name changes – if you get married you can change your email address to your married name but still keep your original email address as an alias so you do not miss any messages.
- Save money – if you an email addresses that you don’t use as a primary email address, such as email@example.com, it can be setup as an alias instead of a full email account. This means that you aren’t paying extra money for an email address that you don’t use very often, but you can still use it to receive messages. You can only receive messages using an email alias, you can not send an email using that address.
*Name and Password Guidelines
When choosing usernames and passwords for users please consider the following:
- Usernames can contain letters (a-z), numbers (0-9), dashes (-), underscores (_), apostrophes (‘), and periods (.).
- Usernames can’t contain an ampersand (&), equal sign (=), brackets (<,>), plus sign (+), comma (,), or more than one period (.) in a row.
- Usernames can begin or end with non-alphanumeric characters except periods (.), with a maximum of 64 characters.
- Group names can have a maximum of 60 characters.
- Group description and group name can’t contain an equal sign (=), or brackets (<,>).
- Passwords can contain any combination of printable ASCII characters and must contain a minimum of 8 characters.
- Passwords can’t begin or end with a whitespace character.
- First and last names support unicode/UTF-8 characters, with a maximum of 60 characters.